What We Are Reading Now!




Homeless


HOMELESS

The thought and desires remain the same

Even though I live in society without a name.

Wishing to belong to the main stream of life

I'm burdened and buried beneath my daily strife's.

I fell behind in the employment scene

Not much put away, I began to live unclean.

Alcohol and drugs became a choice,

I thank God I listened to His heavenly voice.

I pull and struggle despite by defeats

I receive charity for food and clothing, also shoes for my feet.

Most shelter is shabby and at times I walk the city streets

Carefully searching for a place to rest, lay my head and sleep.

Trust comes amongst those who share the life I lead.

For they are aware this is a life minus greed.

I can't disguise my fears with smiles

I become shaken with worry as would a lost child.

Simple pleasures, become impossible wants

People observing, mishievously tease and taunt.

I want good health a job and a place to live

I want to participate in my community, not just receive but also give.

I need to feel I count as well as the average man

I need to feel I belong somewhere in God's plan

Necessities are different when you have no home.

Necessities are different when you're all alone.


Thoughts Copyright 1998

Nanette M. Buchanan


Get your e-book www.lulu.com


Visit my site www.ipendesigns.com

www.myspace.com/ipendesigns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like the article or presentation? Share your views and opinions today!

Tantalizing stories, memorable characters, provocative storylines are all here!

We bring you the hottest titles released by the most talented authors, writers, and poets of the craft.


Join us in daily chats, audio book previews, and exposing great books to the world. Would you like to be a guest blogger? Just email Ella, elladcurry@edc-creations.com