What We Are Reading Now!




Prayer- October Breast Cancer Month

October
Breath Cancer Awareness Month

This month may touch us all in many different ways. For me it is the memory of a Great Aunt who was stricken with breast cancer during the years where preventive care was rare, treatment was no more than mere testing and the thought of a cure was a smoke filled dream. During that time, I was a child, and didn't understand that this disease would be the cause of my Grandmother's death as well as the reason my Mother would lose a breast. After my Grandmother's death, I paid more attention to my health and not be passive about prevention.
My Mother's surgery, a crucial lost for females, brought the disease closer to me and my daughter and grandaughter's. There is a need for research, treatment, and a cure.

It is important to be aware of our bodies, our family's health history, and how society treats the research of such a devastating disease. During this month, hold someone in prayer, donate time to passing on information of this disease, help someone who is receiving treatment and most importantly don't feel that it won't touch you and ignore this crisis.

My Prayer is for those who have survived, those who have lost, and the families who have become depressed, it is my hope that you find comfort in in my poem.

My Prayer

In prayer we sometimes look for an immediate change.
The more we pray the more it seems to remain the same.
It is not in what we say or how often it is said.
It is predetermined by His word, that in which we have read.
Pray for what will get you through,
Pray to accomplish a thing or two,
Pray for strength to fight away the tears.
Pray so that You can understand,
Enrich your soul while you hold His unchanging hand.
Pray for many encounters with family and friends.
Pray for us to be together, and then,
When you have prayed and feel refreshed,
Know that the Lord is with you and you are Blessed.

Copyright 2000 Thoughts & Reflection
Author, Nanette M. Buchanan

Thoughts -
A Poetic Journey
Author, Nanette M. Buchanan
Now available e-book www.lulu.com
Get Your Copy Today $10.00

Family Secrets Lies & Alibi's
Author, Nanette M. Buchanan
Now available www.myspace.com/ipendesigns
Get Your Copy Today $14.95



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like the article or presentation? Share your views and opinions today!

Tantalizing stories, memorable characters, provocative storylines are all here!

We bring you the hottest titles released by the most talented authors, writers, and poets of the craft.


Join us in daily chats, audio book previews, and exposing great books to the world. Would you like to be a guest blogger? Just email Ella, elladcurry@edc-creations.com