What We Are Reading Now!




The Wife or The Mistress.....Whose Side Are You On?


The Wife or the Mistress.....Whose side are you on???

Family Secrets Lies & Alibi's


Chapter 37

Tonya rushed through the house trying to get ready for Sunday service. It was ten fifteen and if she didn't hurry she would be late. She decided to got to First Chapel Baptist Church this morning and meet Nana. Church wasn't usually on Tonya's agenda. She knew if Nana spotted her in the church it would give her an opportunity to speak with her face to face. Then she would apologize again. Tonya needed Nana on her side before the reading of the will. Tonya found her car keys and hurried out the door. The church was about thirty minutes from her house.

Tonya drove at a moderate speed thinking her plan out as though it was scripted. "If Mrs. Mince is in the hall I will speak to her there. She won't ignore me with all those church folks around. She'll hear me out." Tonya hadn't been to First Chapel it seemed since she and D.Q. got married. Tonya always told D.Q. that she wasn't comfortable at his family's church. The church her family attended was closer to their home. Tonya used that as an excuse not to attend services with D.Q. She would often try to persuade D.Q. to come to church with her. D.Q. would go every now and then but neither of them became a member. Tonya was still out done that D.Q. joined First Chapel and had been a member for five years. "It sure didn't change his habits," thought Tonya. "He still stayed with that scank, Christian or not."

Tonya arrived at the church as planned. It was early enough to find Nana, talk with her, and leave. She wasn't interested in the service. As she entered the church she spoke with members whose faces were familiar but she couldn't match them with a name. She smiled as she accepted their condolences and offers to be of assistance. Tonya couldn't understand why she hadn't seen Nana yet. She walked by all the offices and rooms speaking to members who may have seen her. Nana was so involved in the church she could have been anywhere. Tonya spotted Deacon Smalls.

Good morning Deacon Smalls."
"Good morning Sister Mince. How are you this morning?"
"I'm fine, have you seen Mrs. Mince this morning?"
"Yes I did. She was at the a.m. service."
"The a.m. service!"
"Is there something wrong, Sister Mince?"
"I can't believe this! There's plenty wrong Deacon, but you can't fix it."

Tonya headed straight for the parking lot exit leaving Deacon Smalls without saying goodbye. She got back into her car and slammed the door. "D.Q. I am sick of your family and their bull. Your Mama will learn that she is going to have to deal with me regardless. She's avoiding me now, but it won't last long," She picked up her cell and dialed Darlene.

"Good morning Darlene? How are you?"
"Oh, hey Tonya. I'm fine how about you?"
"I was good until I attempted to go to church." Tonya set the bait for sympathy.
"What happened, you didn't make it there?"
"Girl, I got there and got all choked up. You know it being the church where D.Q. will have his funeral services."
"Oh, so where are you now?"
"In the parking lot. I just had to call someone."
"It's okay. Are you feeling better?"
"I'm okay I guess. I'll go home and lay down. That's all I have been doing though, lying around."
"It's a part of grief." Darlene was beginning to feel Tonya was baiting her in.
"Darlene, I don't want you to think I'm a bad person."
"Why would I think that, Tonya?"
"I don't know. I guess from yesterday. You know, me drinking and coming to your mother's home. I just don't know what else to do. Dershai and Derek aren't answering their phones. My family called with condolences and excuses for not coming to the house. It's just all getting to me."
"Dershai and Derek should be calling you later today, I would imagine. Is your family coming to the funeral?"
"Yeah they are. None of them offered to come and be with me for a moment or two."
"Well Tonya if you like I can come this afternoon and sit with you for a while. Maybe we can watch a movie or two together."
Darlene wanted to know what Tonya was looking to find out. She never went to Tonya's just to sit. Tonya thought about her answer.
"Okay, I'll cook dinner and you get the movies."
"Sure, maybe the girls are getting together. I'll call Marci and see. If they are they can coax Dershai to come to the house while we're there."

Tonya wasn't ready to tell Dershai or Derek the situation. She wasn't sure she would tell them. Tonya had decided since they thought they didn't need her, let them find out they have a brother on their own.

"Darlene, I would prefer if it were just us. I'm still uncomfortable with telling Dershai and Derek. That's the problem. How do I tell them and do I tell it all?"
"Hmm, okay then I'll come by and we can talk it out."
"Thanks, I'll talk with you later."
"Okay, Tonya get a little rest. See you later."

Tonya Mince needs help. She needs win over the Mince family after the death of her husband. Preventing his mistress and son to take over D.Q. Enterprises has become her mission. Darrell Mince was named executor of the will but he's the son of D.Q. Mince her husband and Nikki Robinson his mistress. Will the Mince family help Tonya keep what a wife should rightfully gain after the death of there husband? Or will she find she lost her rights when she lost her husband to Nikki years prior?

GET YOUR COPY OF FAMILY SECRETS LIES AND ALIBI'S........

LEARN THE SECRETS OF D.Q. MINCE......

www.ipendesigns.com or www.myspace.com/ipendesigns

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like the article or presentation? Share your views and opinions today!

Tantalizing stories, memorable characters, provocative storylines are all here!

We bring you the hottest titles released by the most talented authors, writers, and poets of the craft.


Join us in daily chats, audio book previews, and exposing great books to the world. Would you like to be a guest blogger? Just email Ella, elladcurry@edc-creations.com