What We Are Reading Now!




The Temptation of a Good Man by Delaney Diamond

The Temptation of a Good Man
by Delaney Diamond



For the first time ever, the first book in the Hawthorne Family series is absolutely FREE! Meet the oldest sibling, Roarke Hawthorne, in The Temptation of a Good Man. A physics professor, Roarke falls hard for Celeste Burton the night he meets her. Then read how the other siblings find their happily ever after in this contemporary romance series: A Hard Man to Love, Here Comes Trouble, and For Better or Worse.


Can true love be found after one night of passion?


Celeste Burton goes out with her girlfriends to celebrate turning thirty and winds up spending an unforgettable night with the man of her dreams. One week later, as a favor, she attends a wedding with a friend as his date and is shocked when she sees Roarke again.

Roarke Hawthorne despises cheating. Cheating tore apart his family years ago. When the physics professor sees the woman he spent the night with show up at his sister’s wedding on the arm of his brother, he knows he should keep his distance. But because of the night they set fire to the sheets in his hotel room, he can’t resist the urge to be close to her–nor can he resist the temptation to have her back in his bed.


Excerpt: The Temptation of a Good Man


“It’s my birthday.”

He raised his eyebrows. “Well, happy birthday. I’m not even going to ask your age because I know better.”

“Smart man.” They both laughed. The tension in her shoulders lessened. “So . . . astrophysicist? I don’t meet one every day. How did that happen?”

“I’ll give you the short version. My mother bought a telescope for my tenth birthday, and ever since then I’ve been fascinated by astronomy. I became obsessed. At night, I would get up after I should have been asleep, pull aside the curtains, and watch the stars. I was in awe of the universe and amazed by its beauty. As I got older, I wanted to know more.

“I studied ancient civilizations, their take on astronomy and its relevance in guiding their everyday lives. I read every book I could get my hands on about Galileo. Imagine, we now see him as the father of astronomy and physics, but in the early part of the seventeenth century, they placed him under house arrest because he dared to contradict the geocentric view at the time that the earth was the center of the universe. He argued that it was the sun, and scientists back then—” He stopped, then grinned ruefully. “I got carried away. Boring, right?”

“No, not at all.” Boring was the last thing she thought of him. He spoke so passionately about the subject, she practically felt his excitement. “I think it’s kind of . . . interesting.”

He groaned and, making air quotes with his hands, repeated, “Interesting?”

Celeste nodded. “In a good way.”

“Years ago it wasn’t in a ‘good way.’ I wasn’t the most popular kid in school, and I wore the Coke-bottle-lens glasses to match.”

“You wear glasses?”

“No. Thank God for laser eye surgery. And puberty.” They both chuckled.

Especially puberty.

“Okay, so what’s your story?”

Celeste shrugged. “There’s not much to tell. I recently graduated from Georgia Tech with a degree in public policy.”

“My younger brother and sister graduated from there. Congratulations.”

“Thanks. Now I need to find a job.” She took a deep breath. “And I have a six-year-old daughter. My world revolves around her.” She liked to mention her daughter up front, which caused some men to run in the opposite direction. She watched his reaction, but he didn’t flinch.

“I understand.”

The vehemence with which he said the words prompted Celeste to ask, “Do you have kids?”

“No, but I raised my younger brother and sister from the time I was eighteen. I tell them all the time they’re my kids.”

“What happened to your parents, if you don’t mind my asking?”

The immediate transformation in his disposition made her regret the question. The smile on his lips evaporated, and his face became shuttered. Even though she’d tried to tread carefully, her question had obviously been too personal and made him uncomfortable.

“They’re both dead.”

“I’m sorry. I—”

“There’s nothing to be sorry about. You didn’t know, and they died a long time ago.” He seemed to force himself back into a lighthearted mood. “Are you having fun on your birthday?”

She pretended not to notice the abrupt change in conversation. “I haven’t been here long, but . . .” She let her voice trail off. “Well, to be honest, this isn’t what I wanted to do tonight. I would much rather go somewhere quiet and listen to a small ensemble play jazz or something.”

“Really? I wouldn’t mind doing the same thing.” He edged closer, and her skin warmed to his nearness. His voice lowered to a warm purr. “Xander and Lucas got me a room at the Ritz-Carlton for the night and invited me here. Since they’re paying for everything, I thought I’d better stick around, but . . . I think you and I may be victims of meddling friends. Am I right?”

Celeste nodded. His conspiratorial tone made her curious.

A speculative look came into his eyes. “You know, there’s a spot around the corner. They serve tapas and have a small band that plays jazz. Would you like to check it out?”

She hesitated. What did she know about him? He seemed harmless, but looks could be deceiving. The battle scars crisscrossed all over her heart served as a reminder.

He leaned closer. Their eyes locked, and she held her breath against the attraction that crackled across the short distance between them. His direct gaze and flirtatious half smile caused tiny pinpricks of heat to surface along the back of her neck.

“I’m one of the good guys. I promise.”

A good guy. Did they really exist? After years of disappointment, she had dismissed the thought of finding one, treating the idea like an urban legend, or a unicorn or some other mythical creature.

Nonetheless, here was a man who claimed to be good, and the spicy scent of his cologne made him smell delicious. Real delicious. The manly fragrance coupled with the inviting sound of his voice made her second-guess herself. Maybe, just this once, she was correct in her assessment.

“What about our friends?” she asked.

“They’re welcome to come, too.”

That wasn’t what he was offering, and they both knew it. He knew she was attracted to him, and he observed her with unabashed interest.

“Okay. Let’s go.”


( Continued... )

© 2014 All rights reserved. Book excerpt reprinted by permission of the author, Delaney Diamond. Do not reproduce, copy or use without the author's written permission. Copyright infringement is a serious offense. This excerpt is used for promotional purposes only. Share a link to this page or the author's website if you really like this sneak peek.


Purchase The Temptation of a Good Man by Delaney Diamond 
Hawthorne Family Series
Contemporary Romance
http://amzn.to/RMSWGO 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like the article or presentation? Share your views and opinions today!

Tantalizing stories, memorable characters, provocative storylines are all here!

We bring you the hottest titles released by the most talented authors, writers, and poets of the craft.


Join us in daily chats, audio book previews, and exposing great books to the world. Would you like to be a guest blogger? Just email Ella, elladcurry@edc-creations.com