What We Are Reading Now!




Thankfulness

I experienced a house fire late last year. Nothing in my life prepared me for standing across the street from my home watching it ablaze. The temperature was chilly outdoors as my husband and I huddled together, as we stood in our bare feet. My first thought could have been, why me? Instead I wiped a tear from my eye and waited for God to provide the help and assistance I would sorely need.

We lost most of our possessions during the fire. Praise God, neither one of us was injured. I am the type of person who rarely asks another person for help. I would go without rather than be indebted to someone. On that night and subsequent ones, I learned how to be humble. And later patience, as I wait for my house to rebuilt. The greatest lesson of all for me, was realizing how generous people can be to others during trials and tribulations. Our family, Pastor, church members and employers, were most kind during our time of need, and for their bigheartedness, I was and am truly grateful.


Michelle Larks
Keeping Misery Company
www.MichelleLarks.com
michelle.larks@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like the article or presentation? Share your views and opinions today!

Tantalizing stories, memorable characters, provocative storylines are all here!

We bring you the hottest titles released by the most talented authors, writers, and poets of the craft.


Join us in daily chats, audio book previews, and exposing great books to the world. Would you like to be a guest blogger? Just email Ella, elladcurry@edc-creations.com